Metagrid now supports importing/exporting buttons/views/viewsets and the entire database through your Dropbox account or native iOS sharing menu. You can easily share your custom Metagrid content and import the presets created by other Metagrid users. For more info, watch the dedicated video tutorial on the right.
NATIVE iOS SHARING MENU
Metagrid enables you to share your custom content through email, messages and Files. To share a button/view/viewset:
- Tap Exportin the respective editor, tap respective export option and tap Share .
- Select an app you want to share your content with or tap Save to Files .
To import a button/view/viewset from email/Files:
- Tap the Metagrid content attachment.
- Tap the Sharebutton in your email app and choose Metagrid.
- Metagrid will inform you that it has received a button/view/viewset. It has been placed in a temporary import cache from where you can paste it to any app set/view you want.
- With Metagrid running on your iPad, focus on the application on your computer to which you want to add the button/view/viewset stored in the import cache.
- Go to the respective editor in Metagrid and tap Import .
- Select the respective content type and tap From Local Cache .
- Select the button/view/viewset to import it. The imported file will be removed from the local import cache.